lundi 16 mai 2016
The Five Biggest Challenges to Doing Business in China
Kent Kedl, greater China and north Asia managing director for global risk consultancy Control Risks, stopped by Asia Society Studios in New York recently to discuss common problems related to doing business in China.
"As business people, our goal is to reduce complexity," Kedl said. "We want to reduce risk by understanding the complexity and then packaging it up so we can identify it. China resists that at every turn."
In the video embedded above, Kedl breaks down the five biggest challenges he sees businesses struggle with in China:
1. Understanding why you're doing business in China in the first place.
2. Learning how to deal with a lack of information.
3. Figuring out the "story behind the story."
4. Being aware of the role of the government.
5. Avoiding generalizations and acknowledging China's regional complexities.