Every year Chinese spend 100 billion yuan in wine.
However, there has yet to be a leader in wine brokerage or retailing because of the low prices set by the e-commerce companies. Until 2010, most of the wine business was held via corporate and government affiliates as well as gaining clients through networking. High prices were easy to set since not many had any real knowledge of the market back then. source
How to sell wine online in China ?
You must increase the visibility of your brand and publish high quality content following appropriate guidelines, using the right channel Where customers will find information about the wine they want to drink? In China, the first place your customers will want to go to is Baidu, the largest search engine in China with over 80% share in the market for search engines. Therefore, the place to be the most visible on Baidu.
For this, it is mandatory to launch a search engine marketing campaign using SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and PPC to increase your brand awareness.
How does it work?
SEO People use keywords to find information on search engines such as Baidu. Improve ranking is essential to have a good incoming traffic to your website.
To understand the importance of such a method, you should know that 85% of applications to stop at the first page. This means that if you're not in the results of the first page of your wine brand will have little chance of being sold online due to the lack of visibility since only 15% of the traffic will reach the page where your site appears .dropoff window PPC: Choosing the right keywords in a PPC campaign or pay per click campaign automatically gives a place at the top of the SERP for certain keywords.
PPC is very useful for the short term, but must be mixed with an SEO campaign for best results.